Sunday, March 8, 2009

Updates

Hi everyone!
So I woke up this morning to a text from my friend Clarke that said "Eric is going to hire you on Monday and wants you to start on Thursday"....YAY so Monday at 3pm I have a 3rd(yes 3rd) meeting with this manager and unless he was lying I will be hired! FINALLY!

I started the day off with that good news then I met up with a girl named Sarah, she is related to Susie and Tammy that Aunt Julie works with. We met in Wrigleyville to have lunch at a place called Uncommon Ground. I had my signature french toast and we talked a lot about the differences between Chicago and Bloomington. She is 3 years ahead of me and is from Bloomington too. When we got done with lunch it was POURING outside and I was supposed to go look at an apartment. Sarah's boyfriend picked us up and saved us from the monsoon! He dropped me off at the apartment, so nice!! I loved the apartment, it is a studio in Rogers Park which is right next to Loyola. It is decent price but there is a signing fee that I am going to try and get taken off. Then I came home and cleaned a bit, talked to some people on the phone and watched Batman Returns and now i'm writing this :)

Tomorrow I am going to meet Clarke downstairs for coffee, go to a Hallmark to look for an address book, go downtown to meet Molly for a bit, then at 3 I go into the Grand Lux. I guess I will try to write about some of the things that I haven't really been able to talk about over the phone....haha

-When I moved in to this apartment I was told that there would be Robert and a girl named stephanie for my roommates, well as it turned out....She couldn't find a job and couldn't pay rent so he made her move upstairs to the attic room. When we got here on Friday to unload my stuff Aunt Julie, Resha, and I got to hear the show that Stephanie was putting on. She was screaming at the top of her lungs and stomping around, talking to herself. Finally when she was done she seemed semi normal but I was freaking out over so much and knew that I couldn't handle one more crazy roommate in my life!!! When we got back on Sunday Robert told us that she moved out, they got into it and she was throwing things and screaming at him and finally left. I think he put up with her crazy self so long because he felt bad for her. She aparently moved to the city from Michigan, she was half way through med school and went crazy to the point where she had drop out. Robert said that she was so unstable and even threatened to commit suicide....BUT she is GONE!!!! she has no keys and is no longer welcome.

-I am looking for apartments already because Robert told me the day that I moved in that the building owners are going to do some renovations and I will have to move out by May 1st. I guess that gives me enough time to find a place, I really want a studio apartment anyway so I can have my own space and time.

-Robert is nice, he keeps making sure i'm alright but I just reassure him that I like to be in my room doing my own thing...then he just laughs and says that he isn't used to someone normal! haha He is pretty chatty and keeps looking to buy pepper spray for me. He has just started dating people so I just hope I don't have to encounter the dates myself! (yikes)

-My friend Brittany is talking about coming to visit! YAY I can't wait for people to come visit me.

I guess this is all I can think of right now. If I forgot anything let me know!!!! I miss you!!!!!!!!!! and love you all

1 comment:

  1. Holy crap. I can't believe that's what is going on. Thank God that crazy girl left. So you have a month to find a new place?? I am trying my best to get there.

    ReplyDelete