Wednesday, March 4, 2009

first few days

hey all!

Well it's technically my 5th day here now and all I can say is that I am exhausted!!! I had such a great weekend with Resha, Aunt Julie, Mom, Aunt Pamm, and Shamara though. We stayed on Dearborn and went to a great little place to eat on Friday night. On Saturday I had a whole day planned for us, we went to the art institute for the last day of free February! Then did a little shopping and headed back to the hotel to get ready for dinner. We ate at The Grand Lux Cafe where I am supposedly going to be working. The 6 of us sat in my friend Clarke's section and had some great food and a great server :) After dinner Resha, Shamara, and I went to a place called The Melting Pot for free wine tasting, it was so fun! They do that every Saturday so I'm sure I will be back. Sunday we all headed up to IKEA and spent sooo long there but got some great things and now my room looks complete.
Getting moved in was more hectic than I had hoped but having my posse with me made it great and calming to my nerves. There is a starbucks on my same block so I am excited about that, I have already been there for coffee with Clarke. There is also a fun little pub across the street call mulligans and one called mullens down the street!! haha so the mullens will still be close :)
Well I'm off to do some more job and apartment hunting, wish me luck!!!! I miss all of you!!

1 comment:

  1. Glad to hear your "in the wind"y city and having a good time. Can't wait for pics!!! Love you!! Kimmie

    ReplyDelete